Sunday, May 6, 2012

Life Changes

Justin and I recently found ourselves fighting/bickering a lot.  We decided to discuss the core reasons why and came up with quite a few things.  You can imagine what the core reason is:

We don't spend enough time with the Lord.

All the other things stemmed from that one fact.  We decided to make a list of all the things we would like to see change in our lives.  We now have a rough list of some changes that need to be made.  We need to define them so that they are achievable.  We also need to add a time frame in which we would like to institute the changes.


I am so thankful for a husband who is open and understanding.  The fact that he came to me to talk about these things encourages my heart to the core.  I love to talk about things, but I love better when he pursues the things we need to talk about.  He is so in love with God.  He wants to honor Him in everything and sees that he needs to tweak his daily life a bit in order to do that.  I LOVE that openness.  I am encouraged, impressed and just plain blessed to have that kind of best friend. 



One of my goals is to blog more.  It is one of the lower ones on my list, but I think it is somewhat important.  I seem to do a lot better emotionally and spiritually when I make time to journal and/or blog.  It would be a good way to update people on our lives, share spiritual truths I am learning, etc.  Plus, I love reading other people's blogs as well.  I think it would help fill my void of personal connection I have been feeling.  Moving to a new place, becoming a wife and stay-at-home momma in one year's time have all finally caught up with me and are taking a toll.  I miss friends and college.  Growing up is draining.  (Don't get me wrong, I love every single minute of it, but I do have times when I just want to get together with Neal, Bev, Lundy and Whorts and play a good game of Catan or watch a rediculous episode of MST3K!)

There is a brief update, and I hope to be more organized with my posting than this in the future.  Hopefully, if I don't take so much time in between my posts they can be short and sweet (which are my favorite to read) and perhaps meaningful :)


One more thing.  I was challenged to read the book of Philippians by a friend who spoke on Philippians 4:8
" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." 
She spoke about our joy being rooted in Jesus and not in happiness.  How our joy is conditional on Christ alone and happiness is conditional on circumstances.  I feel like I used to be really good at being able to say, "It is well with my soul," and mean it.  I felt like my joy was deep and evident to most people around me.  
Somewhere along the way I have lost track of my Savior, therefore losing track of my joy.  I'm on a mission to get it back!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment