Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 22: Library vs. Bookstore


Part of our year of less is borrowing when we can.  The library comes in very handy in the area of borrowing books.
 
I had heard of a book called “7: An experimental mutiny against excess” by Jen Hatmaker.  I heard from a few people that it was really good and a great challenge.  Since beginning the year of less, a few friends recommended I read it.  Well, I don’t have the book; instead of grabbing it from a local (not so local) bookstore, I decided to see if our library either has it or could get it on interlibrary loan.  Upon requesting the book, the library decided to buy it and put me at the top of the list of people waiting to check it out J So, I am currently waiting to begin this book – which is probably good, because I am currently reading through another book.
 


I also checked to see if they had (or could get) that Baby Signing Time: Potty video I spoke about in this post.  They were supposed to get back to me after doing a little research on that one; it has been a week and I haven’t heard anything, so this ones a little "up in the air."

In regard to this post, my husband stated, “I hate the bookstore, however, I always seem to be paying them both.  Charges to buy a book at the store or late fees for not returning a book in time to the library.” Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment